Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Scrapboutique Layouts

Just a quick post to share some layouts I completed for the July challenges at Scrapboutique.

The July Monthly Challenge was to scrap a family tradition. Every year when we go camping at Sawtell we always eat out and our favourite restaurant is Barrels! We have tried many places during our stays but always go back to Barrels for the fantastic food and relaxed atmosphere.

The Stash Stomper this month challenged you to use rubons on a layout and I managed to use quite a few old ones from my stash. The orange flowers and ink splotches are from Hambly, the letters from Maya Road and the grid, numbers and dots are from 7 gypsies.


This is quite a simple layout but I just wanted to record this moment in time. My beautiful niece adores Joseph and when she was visiting recently her adoration of him and the way he handles it all so graciously really made me smile.

Thanks for visiting and for your comments, they make my day!

4 comments:

  1. Great pages Karen! Love the colours and design of Dining at Barrels...must put that on my to do list! Those Hambly ink splotches are really cool too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both lo's are great! Love your flower rubons...the perfect little touch. Great to get down our events...keeps the memory fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, you do such gorgeous work!! Love the distressing on the first one and those splatters on the second one are awesome! :))xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining in the Boutique challenges Karen :) Your LOs are great & I really like how your journaling sits at the bottom of the 2nd page!!!

    ReplyDelete